To Import a Spreadsheet (BOM Explorer)
- Select Project Manager. to display the
- Select BOM Explorer. to display the
Select the Import spreadsheets into BOM link located in the upper right area of the dialog.
The Open Excel dialog will appear.
- Select the Open an Excel button and use the dialog that appears to browse to the desired Excel (xls) file.
Select the file then press the Open button.
The selected file will be listed in the Open Excel dialog along with the lines for each sheet in the file.
- Use the check box in the Select column for data that will represent non-terminals. Select a check box for each sheet you wish to import.
- Use the check-box in the Terminal column if the imported data is to represent terminals. Terminal data must be in a separate sheet of the spreadsheet and include the correct part number value.
Select OK to continue.
The Columns Map dialog will appear. In this dialog you define how the data fields from the spreadsheet file will correspond to Promis.e
attributes and also how IDs will be handled.
- In the Sheet field, select the sheet from the selected Excel file you with to import.
- Select the Use Temporary ID check box if you want the IDs the items receive in the BOM Explorer to be considered temporary IDs.
In the Excel Field column, use the drop-down list to select the name of the first data field from the spreadsheet that you wish to map.
Click in the corresponding Promis.e Field section and select the name of the desired attribute from the drop-down list.
- Continue in this manner until you have mapped all the spreadsheet fields that you wish to import.
- To remove a row from the mapping list, select that row and then select the Delete button.
- Optional: Select the Delete All button to remove all the rows from the mapping list.
In the Device Tag Format field, define a format for the IDs that will be assigned to the imported items in the BOM Explorer. To do this, select from the Excel tags that are listed in the Excel Tag Fields list. When you double-click on one of these tags, it will appear in the device tag Format field. You must also select a delimiter character from the Delimiters list to separate selected tags.
- Select the Save button to save your mapping for future work sessions. These saved settings can be loaded using the Load button.
- If you are importing more than one sheet, select the next sheet in the Sheet field and enter the desired mapping. Repeat as necessary.
- Use the Save button to save.
Select the Import button to import the spreadsheet data. When processing is complete a dialog will appear that indicates how many devices were imported.
Note: You may need to exit and re-enter the BOM Explorer before the imported items are displayed.