To Create a New Mode
- Select the Mode Manager option from the Manage Ribbon to display the Mode Manager.
- Select the New button to display the New/Rename Mode dialog.
- Enter a name for the new mode.
- Select OK. The name of the new mode will appear in the list of modes on the left side of the Mode Manager dialog.
- Select the name of the new mode and follow the instructions for editing an existing mode in order to make text changes for the new mode.
- Add a symbol field for the new mode in the parts database (for example, PID_Symbol ). This field will hold the names of symbols that will represent various parts in the new drawing mode.
- Use the database Edit function in the Setup dialog to map the new database field to one of the unused User fields.