To Create a Simple Screen Menu
Make sure you are in a DGNLib file pointed by the MS_GUIDGNLIBLIST configuration variable. This will make the Admin workflow available for accessing the tools for creating screen menus.
- In the DGNLib file, create a 2D or 3D design model and make it the active model.
- Start drawing your menu. Position the graphics for the commands in whatever arrangement you find most logical and aesthetically pleasing.
- (Optional) Attach references, only from models within the same file.
Select the Edit Key-in
Associated with Element tool (
- Select the graphic element to which you want to associate a key-in.
- Enter key-in, tooltip, and shortcut keys in the respective fields in the Edit Associated Command dialog and click OK.
- (Optional) Place an icon on the graphic element.
- Repeat steps 4 to 7 above for other graphic elements.
- Resize the view window to the size that you want the screen menu to be displayed.
- Create a Saved View.
Make desired setting changes in the Menu Settings dialog (
- Open the Keyboard Shortcuts dialog ( ).
Add a keyboard shortcut to a key using the following key-in syntax:
SCREENMENU OPENPOPUP <dgnlib_filename>,<model_name>,<saved_view_name>
- Save the file.