To Place a Table from an Excel Workbook
Select the Place Table tool ( ).
In the Place Table tool settings window, select From file.
Select the Browse icon next to the File Name setting.
The File Open dialog opens.
In the File Open dialog, navigate to the folder where your excel file is located, select the file and click Open.
The Select Cells dialog opens.
In the Worksheet drop-down list, select the desired worksheet.
The range of cells defined for the selected worksheet are displayed in the From and To fields.
- (Optional) By default, the Range drop-down list is set to Automatic, which means, the range of cells are selected automatically. If you want to change the range of cells, select Manual from the Range drop-down list and then enter the cell range in the From and To fields.
- Click OK.
- (Optional) To preserve the formatting from the Excel file, select From Excel in the Seed drop-down list.
- (Optional) To add a title row and/or header row to the table, turn on the Contains Title Row and Contains Header Row check boxes respectively.
- (Optional) To retain association with the source Excel file, turn on the Retain Association check box.
- Enter a data point to place the table.