To Place Symbols using a Macro
- Select to display the Insert Symbol/Macro dialog (with the Macro tab active).
- Use the Catalog Tree to navigate to a specific symbol location. You can filter the list of symbols by selecting a folder in the tree. The symbols listed come from any symbol libraries that are included in the catalog path.
- (Optional): Use the Filters Editor to create any number of conditions and combine them in any manner using any logical operator. Click the + button to add a new condition. Select the field you want to filter on. Then pick the logical operator and specify your criteria. You can click the X to clear a filter condition.
- (Optional): Press the Apply Filter button to apply the filter settings.
- Click the drop down list in the name field and select the name of the desired macro to select it. A thumbnail view of the symbol will appear in the Preview area of the dialog.
- (Optional): In the Macro Settings section, enable the options to assign to the macro.
Place Macro button (or double-click the macro
name) to place in the drawing.
The symbol will appear at the cursor.
Position the symbol by pointing the cursor at the desired location
and pressing the left mouse button.
The symbol is then placed in the diagram. The insertion point of the symbol will snap to the nearest grid point. If the symbol is placed on a wire, the wire will break automatically at the symbol connection points. If a symbol is placed first and a wire is drawn over the symbol, the wire will also break automatically.The symbol will be rotated automatically to match the horizontal or vertical alignment of a wire. (For this to occur, symbol rotation must be set to 0 degrees and the symbol insertion point must be on the wire. Also, the Auto Rotate checkbox must be turned on in symbol settings. Certain 3-phase symbols will not be rotated automatically.)
- Once the symbol is placed, the Assign Device Tags Dialog will appear displaying device tag information for each symbol included in the macro. Modify these values as necessary and click the Assign button to complete the procedure.