General Workflow for Creating a Report
In the Drawing workflow, on the Analyze tab, in the Reports group, click Reports.
The Reports dialog opens.
In the Reports dialog, click New Report Definition.
- (Optional) Rename the report definition.
- (Optional) In the Properties > Search Location section of Reports dialog, make the desired changes to search location for items.
In the Properties > Included Items section, select Item Types row and click the down arrow on the right-side.
A window opens in which you can the select item types.
- Click the Select an Item Type drop-down and select desired item type from the list.
- (Optional) Click Add related items and from the drop-down list add items related to the selected item type. For example, Dgn Elements > Shapes.
- (Optional) Click Add another item type to add more than one item types.
In the Properties > Included Items section, a Filtered By row is added.
Click the Browse icon on the right-side of the Filtered By row.
The Condition Editor dialog opens.
- (Optional) Add desired criteria in the Condition Editor dialog and click OK.
In the report definition, right-click on the Columns option and select Add columns.
The Select Columns to Add dialog opens.
Turn on the desired columns to the added to the report and click OK.
The selected columns are listed below the Columns in the report definition.
Right -click the Sorting Rules option and select a column.
The report is sorted as per the selected column.