Changes to the Delivery Set
Changes in ProjectWise Server Setups
- ProjectWise Web Server is no longer delivered.
- ProjectWise Web View Server is no longer delivered and has been discontinued.
- ProjectWise Automation Service is no longer delivered. If you need this functionality, use the rebranded Bentley Automation Service, which is a separate download.
- The version of ProjectWise Orchestration Framework Service delivered in this release is ProjectWise Orchestration Framework Service V8i (SELECTseries 6).
- ProjectWise Distribution Service is no longer delivered and has been discontinued. Use Bentley i-model Composition Server for PDF instead.
- ProjectWise web services (not the same thing as ProjectWise Web Server) is no longer delivered and has been discontinued.
Changes in ProjectWise Client Setups
- The entire client installation (ProjectWise Explorer and its supporting software) is now carried out through a single installer. This new installer first installs the prerequisites (ProjectWise Prerequisite Runtimes and the new CONNECTION Client) and then installs ProjectWise Explorer and optionally the Bentley DGN Navigator Control. The CONNECTION Client is required to be able to access the Personal and Project Portals and work on CONNECTED projects from ProjectWise Explorer.
- With the new ProjectWise Explorer installer, there is no longer an option to change the installation options from the Control Panel (Programs and Features). Instead, to change your installation options you now uninstall ProjectWise Explorer and reinstall it with the necessary changes.
- The ProjectWise Export/Import tool is now an option on the ProjectWise Explorer installer: (previously it was a separate installation).
- ProjectWise i-model Packager is no longer delivered and has been discontinued.
Changes in ProjectWise Admin Setups
- The CONNECTION Client is also delivered with ProjectWise Admin Setups, and is a prerequisite for installing ProjectWise Administrator.
- Bentley Automation Service Administrator is delivered, for the purpose of monitoring the progress of automated file processing jobs of the ProjectWise Design Integration Server that are configured and run from ProjectWise Administrator. Installing Bentley Automation Service Administrator installs Orchestration Framework Administrator.
- ProjectWise Distribution Service Administrator is no longer delivered. See "Changes in ProjectWise Server Setups" above.