To Import an Existing Central File into ProjectWise
- Before bringing the central file into ProjectWise, open it in Revit and detach it from the central file.
- If the central file has links, you get notified that your links are broken. Unlink all linked models using the Manage Links dialog.
- From the Application menu, select to save it as a new Revit project file, outside of ProjectWise.
- Import (drag) the new Revit project file into ProjectWise — do not import the existing related DAT files; they will get created later.
- Open the file from ProjectWise Explorer into Revit.
- When Revit's Copied Central File dialog opens, click Close.
Application menu, select
again, this time to
save it as a new project file in
ProjectWise. It is recommended that you keep
your central files in a folder designated for central files only.
A new central file is created and four .DAT files are also created with it.