Attribute Exchange Rules
ProjectWise attribute exchange is the linking of ProjectWise properties/attributes to fields or tags in your MicroStation, AutoCAD, or Microsoft Word and Excel documents stored in ProjectWise.
The Attribute Exchange Rules datasource node displays when ProjectWise Administrator is installed with the iDesktop Attribute Administrator option enabled, and has three subnodes:
- AutoCAD Title Blocks — used to create attribute classes for AutoCAD title blocks, so users can link attributes in AutoCAD documents with ProjectWise properties.
- Microsoft Office Attribute Support — used to create attribute classes for Microsoft Word and Excel attribute exchange, so users can link attributes in Word and Excel documents with ProjectWise properties
MicroStation Title Blocks — used to create attribute classes for MicroStation title blocks, so users can link attributes in MicroStation documents with ProjectWise properties.
Right-click the Attribute Exchange Rules datasource node and select:
- Import Mapping — to import an attribute mappings file (*.INI) exported from another datasource.
- Export All Mappings — to export all attribute mappings (AutoCAD, Office, and MicroStation) from this datasource to an *.INI file, to be imported into another datasource.
- Properties — to apply granular security to this datasource node.