Setting Up the Default User for iCS for PDF
During Bentley i-model Composition Server for PDF installation, you specified the user name and password of a default ProjectWise user account, which Bentley i-model Composition Server for PDF uses for two different purposes:
- This user is entered by default in the ProjectWise Datasource Selection dialog which opens when you create a job in Bentley i-model Composition Server Administrator. At that point, you can either leave the default user selected and log in to the selected datasource, or you can enter a different user name and password and log in.
- This default user is also used by ProjectWise InterPlot Organizer whenever a user creates renditions from ProjectWise Explorer. Specifically, ProjectWise InterPlot Organizer uses the default user’s working directory to copy out any managed workspace files and also any ancillary InterPlot files, such as pen tables and color tables.
You can change the default user at any time either by rerunning the Bentley i-model Composition Server for PDF configuration wizard, or by changing the default user through Orchestration Framework Administrator.
Perform the following steps in each datasource you plan to use with Bentley i-model Composition Server for PDF. These steps should also be performed to configure the user(s) who will create and run jobs in Bentley i-model Composition Server Administrator, if you decide not to use the default user for those jobs.
- Open ProjectWise Administrator, log in to your datasource, and select the Users datasource node.
- You can either edit the properties of an existing user, or create and configure a new user.
- Set the user name and
password for the user as follows:
- If you are setting up the default user, give this user the same user name and password as the user you specified as the default user during Bentley i-model Composition Server for PDF installation.
- If this user is not the default user, the user name and password can be different from the default user you specified during Bentley i-model Composition Server for PDF installation.
- On the
Settings tab of the
User Properties dialog, do the
- Expand the Working Directory category. Under When using ProjectWise Explorer, enter the folder path of the folder you want to set for this user’s working directory.
- Expand the General category. Double-click Credential expiration policy. The default setting is Server default. Double-click Server default. In the dialog that opens, select No expiration and click OK.
- Expand the
category. Turn off
Use access control.
Note: It is recommended that you do this step for any user (including the default user) who will create and run jobs in Bentley i-model Composition Server Administrator. This ensures that the user account under which the job runs always has access to all of the source documents in the input set. You can skip this step if the user is only submitting renditions jobs through ProjectWise Explorer.
- Click OK to save the changes and close the User Properties dialog.
- On the
Bentley i-model Composition Server for PDF
computer, create the default user's working directory, and also the working
directory for any user who will create and run jobs in
Bentley i-model Composition Server Administrator.
You can do this by opening ProjectWise Explorer on the Bentley i-model Composition Server for PDF computer, logging in to the datasource as the required user, and then creating the user’s working directory when prompted.