Distributing Source Files
Source distribution is the process of copying source files from one folder to another when a job is run.
Any job, whether submitted from ProjectWise Explorer or Orchestration Framework Administrator, can be configured to only create renditions, or to both create renditions and also distribute the source files that the renditions were created from. In Orchestration Framework Administrator you can also configure distribution-only jobs, which are jobs that do not create renditions at all, but instead only distributes source files.
Source distribution is enabled in different places depending on whether the job is a ProjectWise Explorer job or an Orchestration Framework Administrator job.
- For ProjectWise Explorer jobs, source distribution is enabled through the Output Destination Folder component in ProjectWise Administrator.
- For Orchestration Framework Administrator jobs, source distribution is enabled through the Job Builder dialog in Orchestration Framework Administrator.
Enabling source distribution in the Output Destination Folder component in ProjectWise Administrator enables additional distribution settings which control:
- whether or not to mirror the folder structure of the source files in the destination folder
- whether or not to rename distributed source files
- whether or not to distribute source reference files along with their source master files
When an Orchestration Framework Administrator job that is configured to distribute source files is using an Output Destination Folder component where source distribution is also enabled, then these additional settings above will be used (because they are also enabled) when the Orchestration Framework Administrator job is run. However, when an Orchestration Framework Administrator job that is configured to distribute source files is using an Output Destination Folder component where source distribution is disabled, the job will still distribute source files but these additional settings will not be used (because they are disabled).