To Manually Import the Example Template
- Make sure you have already installed the example dataset (option of the ProjectWise Administrator installation).
Open a command prompt and enter:
- On the Welcome page of the ProjectWise Import wizard, select Yes to indicate that you will log in as the administrator, then click Next.
- When the ProjectWise Log in dialog opens, select the datasource you want to import the data into. Enter the user name and password of an administrative user account in the selected datasource (Password is case sensitive, User Name is not), and click Log in.
- On the Define the import settings page, click the check box next to every option and click Next.
- On the next page, turn on the check box next to Work Area/Folder in the Update if exists section, then click Next.
- On the next page, click Next to accept the default import settings for managed workspaces.
On the next page, click
Browse to locate the
Example Template.aam file.
By default the example template is installed to C:\Program Files (x86)\Bentley\ProjectWise\Example Datasets\Example Template.
Example Template.aam file and click Open.
Selecting the AAM file automatically populates the Log file name field.
The next page lets you choose where the imported folders and documents will be placed.
- Place all of the folders under the Documents root folder.
- Select the storage area you want to use and click Import.
- When finished, click Close.