Logging In and Out of Datasources
To manage a datasource in ProjectWise Administrator, you log in to it. The datasource functions available to the user who logs in depend on the rights assigned to that user by the administrator. The administrator who created the datasource has full administrative rights. A user with full administrative rights can access and modify all items in ProjectWise Administrator.
The administrator who creates the datasource is automatically logged in to the datasource when it is finished being created.
When log in is successful, your ProjectWise user name appears to the right of the datasource, and the datasource's icon changes to the Active icon. If you log in to multiple datasources, your user name will appear next to them all, however, only the datasource you are working in will display the Active icon (the rest will display the Open icon).
Closing ProjectWise Administrator automatically logs you out of any datasources you are logged into.
- Initiate log-in using one
of these methods:
- Select a datasource.
- Right-click a datasource and select Log in.
- Right-click a datasource and select Log in as (only available if Windows or Bentley IMS single sign-on is enabled for this datasource).
(This dialog is skipped if using single sign-on.)
- Log in with your
ProjectWise administrator account credentials.
- To manually enter the credentials of an administrative account (can be a logical account or a Windows account):
- To use your Windows credentials:
- To use your Bentley credentials: