Before You Start
- When installing or uninstalling this product, you must be logged on with Administrator rights.
- It is highly recommended that you close any programs and disable any antivirus software that is running prior to the installation of this software. Be sure to turn on your antivirus software when you are finished.
- If you installed
CONNECT Edition on the same workstation and
V8i, you must run
the Repair tool to make sure the registry and file associations are correct.
Note: If you used Microsoft's program to uninstall, the Repair tool will work correctly. However, if you used a third-party's product to uninstall, it may have removed files needed by ProStructures. For the procedure to repair ProStructures, refer to the topic To Repair ProStructures.
- Examples WorkSpace contains downloadable examples.
- Visualization content in the form of ready-to-render cell libraries is installed. It also contains LumenRT ready cell libraries.
- The Bentley DGN Reader for Windows 7 is an application that can be downloaded from Bentley iWare section on http://www.bentley.com/en-us/free+software/. When you install this application on your system, the following applications are installed along with it:
- Bentley DGN Thumbnail Provider is required to correctly view DGN thumbnails on the Windows 7, Windows 8.1, and Windows 10 operating systems. Immediately after installing Bentley DGN Thumbnail Provider, you still may not see the correct thumbnails for DGN files. This will be corrected by rebooting or re-logging onto the system.
- The Bentley i-model ODBC Driver is used to expose properties in i-models as an ODBC data source. It offers direct access of i-models from ODBC-compatible third-party applications such as Microsoft Office, reporting systems, and Business Intelligence applications. It allows application developers to use familiar tools to access and present i-model data from databases. When the driver is installed, the Bentley i-model ODBC Driver User Manual (Bentley_i-model_ODBC_Driver_User_Manual.pdf) is also installed.
- Bentley DGN IFilter, Bentley DGN Thumbnail Provider, Bentley DGN Indexer, HDR Preview Handler, Bentley i-model ODBC Driver, and Bentley DgnDb i-model Importer are installed as separate applications. When you uninstall ProStructures CONNECT Edition , these applications are not removed. If you do not need them, you will have to uninstall them separately.