In the menu bar, click Acquisition.
The Data Acquisition service opens.
Import, and select
Excel from the pop up menu.
The New Excel Import page appears. At the top of the page, the new import is identified as a "New Excel Import" with the Type and Status indicated. The Information tab is activated for creation of the new import, and the Log tab is available to provide access to logs of the processed import.
- Click Browse to navigate to the file location where you select the Excel file you want to import.
Select the Excel file to import.
The Excel filename appears in the field below the Browse button.
- (Optional) Click to remove the selected file.
- Enter a Name and a Description. Name, allows you to specifically and uniquely name the import. Import naming conventions can be a useful tool in controlling and identifying imports. Description, allows for a more detailed definition of the import while keeping the name a more manageable size.
- Click to select an Excel Configuration for the equipment type you want to import.
- In the window Select Excel Configuration, select a configuration.
- Click Select.
Do one of the following:
You are returned to the main Data Acquisition page. The import State changes to indicate the process is "Running" or "Draft" depending upon which above option you choose.