New and Changed in OpenUtilities Substation CONNECT Edition Update 6
The following items summarize the new features and enhancements in the OpenUtilities Substation CONNECT Edition Update 6 release.
Bentley Substation has been renamed to OpenUtilities Substation . The product name change is in line with Bentley's commitment to the electrical utility market and strategy to provide a suite of integrated products for electrical utility design and analysis.
Component Center Enhancements
- An option was added to the Symbol Creation dialog to save the new symbol in the Components Center. This option allows users to save the new components in the Component Center directly allowing it to be shared with all project participants within the organization.
- An option was added to the Create Macro dialog to save the new symbol in the Component Center directly allowing it to be shared with all project participants within the organization.
- The option is added into the Create Family dialog to save the new symbol in the Component Center directly allowing it to be shared with all project participants within the organization.
Administrative Tools Enhancements
- Command protection now includes Move Project To File System: Administrators can now limit the user's ability to restore projects in their local environments (users can be prevented from restoring projects the local database).
- Life Cycle Manager
Settings are added to the Options dialog: After enabling the use of a
third-party asset management application option, users can select between using
the active project database or another database. The database is used as a
container for data exchange with third-party asset management application.
Custom attributes for symbols and wires can be added from the Custom Attributes tab.
- Project Auto Backup functionality is added to the Manage tab: The Auto Backup can also be configured to work as a batch process on user-defined intervals. The user has to define the target path (where backup projects will be saved) and a path to projects rot folder (projects to be backed up). This is done in the AutoBackup Settings dialog.
- Workorder management variables are added to the report template: Workorder, Document Number, Revision Number, and Lifecycle variables have been added to the report template. Those can be added to various reports using standard reports creation/customization functionality.
- Import Symbols text can now utilize Excel file format
- Create macro option can now utilize Z coordinates: This option will allow specifying the correct insertion point for 3D macros.
- The Symbols Text option is added as right-click option for the Wire Links
- Multi text editing option is now available: Users can select multiple symbol text attributes and edit them in a single dialog.