To Place a Named Boundary Using a Drawing Boundary
In the Drawing workflow, on the View tab, in the Named Boundaries group, select Place Named Boundary.
In the Place Named Boundary tool settings window make the following settings:
Select From Drawing Boundary.
- From the Drawing Boundary drop-down list, select the drawing boundary.
- Enter name and optionally description for the named boundary.
- (Optional) From the Detail Scale drop-down list, set the scale at which the named boundary is to be placed.
Select Place a single named boundary.
- (Optional) From the Group drop-down list, select the group.
Turn off Create Drawing check box.
Note: If the Create Drawing check box is turned on, the Create Drawing dialog opens for creating a saved view and automating dynamic views.
- Select From Drawing Boundary.
- Enter a data point to place the named boundary.
Note: When you create a saved view from a named boundary that is created using the From Drawing Boundary method, the orientation of the saved view is same as AccuDraw's orientation. If AccuDraw is off and if we are placing the saved view in a sheet model, the saved view uses the sheet model's orientation; else the saved view uses the view's orientation.