To Create a Displacement Map from Existing Geometry
- Set up a Top view that encompasses just the required geometry.
- Re-size the view so that it is square.
- Use the Set Display Depth tool to define the near and far clipping planes as the top and bottom of the geometry respectively.
- Turn on Clip Back and Clip Front in the View Attributes.
Open the Render Setup Manager dialog and, in the Settings tab, set Render Output to Depth.
Note: If the geometry has prominent curved surfaces, you should use a very fine Stroke Tolerance value.
- Start the Luxology rendering.
- When the rendering is complete, save the image to a lossless format to avoid compression noise.