To Move Items from Catalog to Catalog
Use the following procedure to copy symbols, macros, families and title blocks from one catalog to another (within the Catalog Manager).
- Open the Catalog Manager from any of the following ribbons tabs:
- Open the folder for the catalog that contains the items you wish to copy.
- Select the sub-folder for the items you wish to copy ( Symbols, Macros, etc.). The items in that catalog will be listed on the right side of the dialog.
- Highlight the names of the items that you wish to copy, then press the right mouse button and select Copy from the menu.
- Open the folder for the catalog where you wish to place the copied items.
- Select the sub-folder where you wish to place the copied items ( Symbols, Macros, etc.).
Press the right mouse button and select
Paste from the menu.
Note: If you are copying macros or families, either the individual symbols included in symbol or macro should also be copied to the new catalog or the catalog path to the original catalog should be included on the system where you will use the copied items.