To Scale a Map with Method: Absolute
- In the Dynamically Adjust Map tool settings, select the Scale Map icon.
Select an element whose map is to be adjusted.
The map displays on the element.
- If material is multi-layered, select the layer to modify.
Set Method to Absolute.
The tool settings expand to display the map in a window. The arrow icon to the right lets you toggle the display of this window.
- If necessary, use the tools at the bottom of the pattern display window to help you find the required point on the map.
- Enter a data point on the image (in the window) to define the origin point to scale about.
- Enter a data point on the image (in the window) to define the reference point.
- If necessary, repeat steps 5 and 6 to redefine the origin and reference scale points.
Enter a data point on the element to set the corresponding image origin.
As you move the pointer, the reference point for the image follows, causing the map to be scaled. If the Map Editor dialog is open, the Size and Offset items update.
- Enter a data point to define the scale for the map.