Archived Release Notes
What is New Bentley OpenSite Designer CONNECT Edition
The following summarizes the new features and fixes in 2020 Release 3.
- Update of Power Platform to Edition (V10.14.04.04), Bentley Descartes CONNECT Edition (V10.14.04.04) and Bentley GenerativeComponents CONNECT Edition (V10.14.04.04).
- Includes OpenFlows SewerGEMS version 10.03.01.08. For additional information refer to: OpenFlows: What's New.
- Includes Bentley LumenRT Designer CONNECT Edition Update 14.
- Update of gINT Civil Tools CONNECT Edition (V10.07.01.03).
- Support for following ProjectWise Connect Edition (V10.00.03.334) and (V10.00.03.4xx).
- MicroStation task navigation interface capability has been added to UI allowing to switch from Ribbon to task-based navigations. Task navigation is for legacy support of MicroStation tools and does not include support for OpenX Connect Edition tools.
- iTwin Synchronizer & iTwin Design Review has been added.
- Visualization Content is included as optional feature in the installer.
- MicroStation based clash detection tool is included under Drawing>Analyze, note this is only available when in a 3D model.
- Siteops Desktop application is included with the OpenSite Designer installer.
- Downgrade Civil Model tool on the backstage allows the ability downgrade OpenX DGN files to a previous version or as a plain MicroStation DGN. (OpenX-Technology Preview)
- Civil File Manager has replaced Version Checker. Civil File Manager allows for variety of file management of OpenX Designer DGN files. This application is located at: C:\Program Files\Bentley\OpenX Designer CONNECT Edition\OpenRoadsDesigner\CivilFileManager.exe.
- Added the ability to report station and offset of Item Types on 3D elements such as meshes.
- Update standards tool supports updates from the item type library.
- Dynamic Plan view allows to navigate along an alignment and automatically rotate view normal to current station and exaggerate in X and Y axis.
- Icons have been updated for the Activate and Deactivate rules.
- All rail spiral types are supported when exporting to DWG format.
- A configuration variable has been added that defines the path where images files are located for survey data processing, CIVIL_SURVEY_PHOTOS_FOLDER.
- Added the capability to define feature definition(s) to geometry during import.
- Reporting for tangent direction now indicates if it is the Forward (Ahead) or Backwards (Back) tangent.
- Rail Parameters have been added to Design File Settings.
- Regression line is now also used as slew line, reducing the clutter in the plan view.
- Fixed and information regression point types are added.
- Import Topo tool allows the creation of terrain model from ESRI, USGS, and SRTM. Importing from ESRI service requires an ESRI account. (OpenX-Technology Preview)
- Copy Template tool has been enhanced to allow copying Corridor templates from one corridor to another.
- Added ability to calculate multiple substratum layers with earthwork quantification with the Create Cut Fill Tool.
- Template Library file (*.itl) now prompts user for checkout from ProjectWise if available. If the file is already checked out, one can enter the template library and perform a Save As.
- Properties and quick properties display the Volume Option of a mesh for quick identification.
- Corridor Modeling tools that require a corridor to be selected now allows the picking of the corridor in the 3D model by selecting a corridors mesh or 3d linear geometry.
- The corridor Clipping Reference object now identifies if the clip is 2D or 3D clip.
- Create Closed Mesh tool allows the creation of a mesh from corridors, linear templates, terrain models, and meshes.
- Feature Definitions with a Custom Volume option can specify if Fill is or is not included in the Mass Ordinate.
- Corridors processed in 2020 Release 3 include metadata on mesh and 3D linear graphics. This metadata is used for increase performance for a variety of tools including the Cross Section Grade Report and Cross Section annotations.
- A key-in for Process All has been added, GEOMETRY PROCESSALLOBJECTS.
Drawing Production and Annotation
- Named boundary and sheet creation tools support selection sets for bulk creation of plans, profiles and cross sections on multiple geometries.
- Ability to name Saved Views, Named Boundaries, and Sheet Models has been added.
- Vertical change in Plan annotations are now supported.
- Cross Section Grade Report has enhanced filtering abilities and optimized performance.
- Ability to automatically trim profile vertical grid lines by the existing ground line has been added.
- Survey chains can be annotated on cross section sheets.
- Ability to label elevation along a plan view element with a profile at an even interval.
- Cross Section sheets can be cut looking down station, "backwards facing".
- The key-in PLACELABEL TOOL OPEN has been added for Place Label tool.
- New vertical change in plan annotation definitions are added.
- New cab definitions are added to 3D Drive Through tool
Drainage and Utilities
- A new Critical Storm Analysis Wizard gives the ability to easily run a number of storm events on a system, and identifies the worst-case storm for every conduit or node - without having to create the scenarios first. This makes it much easier to test a system that has been designed using the Rational method.
- A series of nodes can now be placed at an interval along a linear element.
- Place Node now lets you state that the elevation reference is for the node invert, instead of the cover or ground. This is useful when placing endwalls in a ditch.
- Place Node now lets you extract an irregular cross section from the elevation reference.
- Place Node now lets you place a tap node in a conduit.
- Added the OpenFlows batch pipe split functionality, that automatically inserts nodes in conduits if they are within an offset tolerance.
- An option has been added to list all conduits that are missing a start or stop node.
- Properties that have civil rules are now displayed in Utility Properties as read only.
- Properties for the largest and smallest conduits connected to a drainage node have been added.
- The ability to only draw "whole" conduits on profile sheet has been added. This will force the subsequent conduit to be placed on the next profile sheet.
- The profile manipulator for conduit slope can now display the OpenFlows value, if this is selected in Design File Settings.
- The road cross slope for a catch basin can now be read from a terrain model.
- Added support for UK Flood Estimation Handbook 2013 Rainfall Data.
- Loading of reference files containing drainage and utilities database occurs automatically when the active file also contains a database. This will allow the exposure of reference drainage and utilities properties and the ability to annotate them across reference files.
- ModelBuilder now supports the Node Rotation property when importing and exporting data. This has caused a change to the way that the Node Rotation value is set. If you have existing design files containing nodes that use a relative rotation, the value needs to be reset before you compute the hydraulics and hydrology. To do this, select each node, and use its manipulator to change the value - either very slightly, or change it, then change it back.