This section provides a list of new features in Bentley OpenSite, OpenRoads, and OpenRail Designer CONNECT Edition products, also referred to as OpenX Designer products. Features that are only available in specific products are appropriately noted as such.
The following summarizes the new features and fixes in 2021 Release 1.
- Update of Power Platform to Edition (V10.16.00.80).
- Subscription Entitlement Service (formerly CONNECT Licensing) is utilized. For more information: Subscription Entitlement Service.
- This version uses OpenFlows SewerGEMS version 10.03.03.44. More information here: What's New in SewerGEMS, CivilStorm, StormCAD, SewerCAD, and SewerOPS CONNECT Edition Update 3 (version 10.03.03.44) - OpenFlows | Hydraulics and Hydrology Wiki - OpenFlows | Hydraulics and Hydrology - Bentley Communities.
- Includes Bentley LumenRT Designer CONNECT Edition Update 14.
- Includes Bentley Descartes CONNECT Edition (V10.16.00.80).
- Update of gINT Civil Tools CONNECT Edition (V10.07.01.83).
- Support for following ProjectWise Connect Edition (V10.00.03.434).
- Includes Bentley GenerativeComponents CONNECT Edition (V10.16.00.80).
- Added support for side-by-side installations. Side-by-side installations of 2021 Release 1 and any previous version is supported.
- Changed product branding to reflect release name (Example, 2021 Release 1).
- Optimized printing/plotting to increase performance by 5x.
- Improved Export to DWG to eliminate data loss.
- Removed Connect Advisor from the Help menu. Connect Advisor is now part of the Connection Client.
- Renamed the "iTwin" tab to "Collaborate".
- Updated right-click options in Sheet Index and Project Explorer to include all available options.
- Removed the Downgrade Civil Model tool from Technical Preview.
- Integrated the Downgrade Civil Model tool with ProjectWise.
- For workspace changes please see \Configuration\Organization-Civil\Workspace Updates - 2021 Release 1.pdf included with the delivered workspace.
- Enhanced the Geometry Builder, Table Editor and Geometry Connector to honor the A Transition Parameter.
- Geometry Connector now supports editing only part of an alignment.
- Enhanced start stations and equations to hold their physical XY position when the beginning of a geometry changes.
- Added the configuration variable CIVIL_GEOMETRY_IMPORT_FD_TABLE that defines the default mapping file for import geometry.
- Added Equivalent Radius (100 * K value) as a vertical curve parameter option.
- Added a new "Refresh 3D with Levels" option to the Profile 3d Slice tool that allows the profile slice to account for level modifications in the 3d model.
- Added option to display horizontal geometry information in the profile view.
- Added the ability to display vertical geometry annotation in the profile view.
- Improved several calculations in the Italian Check Rules.
- Geometry Connector improvements; Multi Element Regression support.
- Geometry Connector improvements; edit part of complex geometry.
- Vertical Design; Horizontal geometry information in profile view.
- Vertical Design; Vertical element annotation in profile view.
- Vertical Design; Display turnouts on profile view.
- Analyse Point to include active Cant, Speed and Radius.
- Updated geometry transition definitions; Czech and Half Cosine (Japanese).
- Crossover tool is removed, geometry connector provides improved functionality.
Drawing Production and Annotation Enhancements
- Enhanced the Text Favorite Manager to be the single source for the creating, editing and managing text favorites, including Survey, Drainage & Utilities.
- Enhanced Text Favorite Manager with a "Select Element" tool to make it easy to define text fields.
- Improved the performance of Side Slope Annotation and the functionality to work on linear templates and clipped corridors.
- Improved annotation performance by stopping annotation from updating when the underlying geometry had not changed.
- Enabled the annotation of Survey crossing features in cross sections.
- Enabled the annotation of D&U crossing features in cross sections.
- Enhanced the Element Annotation tool with option to annotate "All Elements in Model" or only the selected elements.
- Enhanced both the Element Annotation and Drawing Model Annotation tools with an option to use "Override Annotation Group" which allows a different Annotation Group to be used than the one associated with the Feature Definition. The Override Annotation Group option is also used to annotate a single geometry feature with multiple annotations.
- Added a new Civil Labeler tool that supports complex labels computed from one or multiple targets. For example, crossing alignments or elevation/offset along plan element with stationing relative to the centerline. Labels include many types of leaders and frames around the text. (Tech Preview).
- Added the ability to use level overrides for cross section drawing models.
- Added the ability to create cross section sheets from existing cross section drawing models. This allows new cross sections to be added to a set and new sheets generated without having to re-create the existing cross section drawings.
- Added a new Cross Section Navigator tool to allow easier navigation of the cross section drawing models in the active file.
- Enhanced drawing production options to allow for the separate naming of Views, Drawing Models and Sheet Models. This supports many workflows including sequential sheet numbering.
- Setting the variable _USTN_MERGE_INTERNALREFERENCES_SAVEASV8 = 1 in conjunction with "Export to V8 DGN" will now flatten files (merge references) for drawing production.
- Added a new reference option (Synchronize View > Settings from Design Model) allowing the levels and view options displayed in sheet models to be controlled from a container file.
- Updated Arema Turnout Definitions (v2018) .
- Display curvature symbols on plan view .
Drainage and Utilities Enhancements
- The Place Node command now lets you select a baseline reference as part of the prompt sequence.
- Nodes now include relevant properties for connected conduits, such as their shape, size, invert elevation, and material.
- Profile runs can now show the conduits that connect to a node, that are not part of the profile run.
- Annotation of multiple conduits in cross section drawings can be automated using an Annotation Filter, which now lets you select conduit feature definitions.
- The MicroStation 2D Element ID has been added as a Utility property, which means that it can be included in FlexTables, and exported to external formats such as Shapefiles.
- A Slope (Construction) property has been added, for annotation and reporting.
- The Extract Utilities from Graphics command now lets you select a feature definition for nodes, as well as conduits.
- The Extract Utilities from Graphics command now lets you specify a search radius for nodes, to account for the situation where the ends of the graphics for the conduits are close, but not coincident.
- You can now import and export a Utilities submodel, as well as a Drainage submodel using a .sqlite file.
- Importing InRoads Storm and Sanitary, LandXML, and MicroDrainage data can now be done in an empty design file, as opposed to a new design file.
- You can now remove the elevation and baseline references if those references are no longer available.
- A new configuration variable (CIVIL_SUBSURFACE_LOAD_REFERENCES) has been added to prevent the extraction of Drainage and Utilities databases from a referenced design file.
Item Types Enhancements
- Added the ability to define pick lists in an excel file.
- Add search capability to Item Types pick list in the Properties dialog.
- Added the ability to define multiple Item Types per Feature Definition.
- Added the ability to define default values for each Item Type property per Feature Definition.
- Added synchronization of Item Types between 2D, 3D, and profile models. The synchronized Item Type can be viewed and modified from any of the three views/models.
- Removed Asset Manager icon from the Home tab. The Asset Manager icon can be found on the Utilities tab.
- Added a new "Update Sta/Off Values" mode to Asset Manager to calculate Station and Offset values and update existing Item Type definitions.
- Improved Asset Managers ability to use Linear References in 3d models.
- Enhanced Reports to Group and Aggregate data.
- Enhanced Reports to include Summary rows.
- Added new configuration MS_DGNLIBLIST_ITEMTYPES variable to define Item Types dgn library files.
- Renamed PICKLIST_EXCELPATH configuration variable to ITEMTYPE_PICKLIST_EXCELPATH. The old configuration variable remains active at this time but will be retired in the future.
- Added the key-in "PICKLISTS UPDATEEXCELSETTINGS <filename>" which can be used to bulk update existing Pick List definitions on existing Item Types. This can be useful if the file Excel name or tab/sheet name changes.