Quick Profile Transition
You can access this tool from the following:
Select the Define Quick Profile Transition between Elements icon.
- When you move the cursor into the Plan View, it is equipped with a command prompt that invites you to choose a "Quick Transition Method", so strike the down arrow key to navigate the options then strike the Enter key to execute your choice.
The Parabolic method forms a smooth convex or reverse curve between the profiles of the adjacent elements. The instantaneous elevations and slopes are used to constrain the profile.
The Linear method simply connects a straight profile line between the profiles of the adjacent elements. The slope is not considered.
- When prompted to "Locate What to Define", so move the cursor to the element that will connect the two legs then data point, example, left-click.
- To view the new profile of the element, click the Open Profile Model icon.
- Move the cursor into the Plan View and note that it is accompanied by a prompt that says, "Locate Plan Element". Data point on the newly profiled element.
- The cursor is now equipped with a prompt that says, "Select or Open View", so move the cursor into the View 4 and data point.