When you import/export an existing specification either to OpenPlant, or to one of the other supported applications, the accompanying catalogs will not automatically be imported/exported with the spec. This is a separate task and must be handled as such.
Below is an example of how to import an AutoPLANT catalog to use with OpenPlant.
Import an AutoPLANT Catalog
- In the Exchange dialog, click New.
- Enter a Definition Name and click OK.
- In the Details section, select a Source type from the drop down list.
- To define the location of the source, click the Browse button.
- In the Source AutoPLANT Catalog(s) field, enter the path to the catalog to be imported.
- Next, select the Target type from the drop down list. For this example we are using the OpenPlant Modeler Target Catalogs option.
- Click the Browse button.
- Define the path to the Target Folder, or use the Browse button to navigate to the directory.
- Click Open to add the directory.
- In the Queries section, click add and select the Create generic query option.
- Use the Search dialog to
define a query for the catalog components to import.
Note: Click here for more information on defining a query.
- When finished defining a query, close the Search dialog.
- Click Execute to start the Exchange Process.
- The dialog will display the details of the progress as shown.