Create New Template
If you right click in any of the fields of the Template Editor, the following options are available to create new templates:
Create a New Template
Right click and select New Template from the menu.
A blank record is added to the bottom of the grid.
- Define the Template Name, Display Label and Template Class for the new template by entering text directly into those field.
- Select an image Name for the new template.
- To define the Build Method, refer to the Manage Scripts grid to determine which function used when creating the new component. For example, if creating a new UBolt, then use the CustomUBolt script.
- Click in the Image Name field and use the control to assign a image to the component. If you have your own image file, then click Add and browse to the location of the file and open it.
- Define the Parameters and Default Values to use for the new template as desired.
- Once finished, click Save to create the new template.
Create a Template from a Copy
Right click in the template you wish to copy and select New Template from Copy from the menu.
A copy of that template and all of its default values is added to the bottom of the grid with a new Template ID number.
- Define the new Template Name and Display Label for the new template.
- Assign a new Image Name to the template using the control provided.
- If the default parameters do not match what is shown in the image file, add/remove parameter fields as necessary.
Customize the default value for the template as necessary.
Note: These values can also be modified when the template is used to create a new component using the Component Builder.
- When finished defining the template values, click Save.