New and Changed in OpenPlant PID CONNECT Edition Update 2
The following items summarize the new features and enhancements in the OpenPlant PID CONNECT Edition Update 2 release.
The following PlantSight integration items have been added as Technology Preview features for the CONNECT Edition Update 2 release. Currently all PlantSight integration features are still under a Technology Preview including features from the Update 1 release listed in the Technology Preview section below.
|Connector To From Data Dialog
|A new option has been added to view the To From data for linked connectors. When you right click on a linked connector a dialog displays the connector sequence number as well as the On and Off page information. The information for the linked connector is included in the dialog as well.
|Deleting Page Connectors
|When deleting connectors which are linked across multiple drawings, connectors on the middle page(s) cannot be deleted. A message dialog has been added informing the user of this. Upon closing the message the process is aborted.
About Technology Preview Features
Some features delivered with this edition of OpenPlant PID are specifically identified as "Technology Preview" features.
Technology Preview features are:
- currently unsupported
- may not be functionally complete
- not suitable for use/deployment in production
However, these features are provided to you as a courtesy and the primary goal is for the feature to gain wider exposure with the goal of full support in the future.
You may find these features useful in a non-production environment. You are welcome to provide feedback and functionality suggestions for a Technology Preview feature before it becomes fully supported. Bentley Systems intends to fully support Technology Preview features in a future release, at which time the features will no longer be identified as Technology Preview features.
Technology Preview Features for OpenPlant PID CONNECT Edition Update 1
The following are Technology Preview Features in OpenPlant PID CONNECT Edition. Please contact Bentley Support for more details.
- PlantSight Integration: PlantSight works in conjunction with a Connected Project which the project administrator will create and setup in the Bentley CONNECTION Center. Here a user can synchronize changes made to a local drawing sessions to it making those changes available to any user with permissions to login to the project.
- Tag Browser: The Tag Browser displays existing component tags which have been created in PID and available to assign to 2D or 3D components.
- Page Connectors: Since PlantSight integration is in Technology Preview mode, page connectors, which rely on the ability to sync to PlantSight, are also considered to be in Technology Preview mode.