New and Changed in OpenPlant PID CONNECT Edition Update 2
The following items summarize the new features and enhancements in the OpenPlant PID CONNECT Edition Update 2 release.
The following PlantSight integration items have been added as Technology Preview features for the CONNECT Edition Update 2 release. Currently all PlantSight integration features are still under a Technology Preview including features from the Update 1 release listed in the Technology Preview section below.
|Connector To From Data Dialog||A new option has been added to view the To From data for linked connectors. When you right click on a linked connector a dialog displays the connector sequence number as well as the On and Off page information. The information for the linked connector is included in the dialog as well.|
|Deleting Page Connectors||When deleting connectors which are linked across multiple drawings, connectors on the middle page(s) cannot be deleted. A message dialog has been added informing the user of this. Upon closing the message the process is aborted.|
About Technology Preview Features
Some features delivered with this edition of OpenPlant PID are specifically identified as "Technology Preview" features.
Technology Preview features are:
- currently unsupported
- may not be functionally complete
- not suitable for use/deployment in production
However, these features are provided to you as a courtesy and the primary goal is for the feature to gain wider exposure with the goal of full support in the future.
You may find these features useful in a non-production environment. You are welcome to provide feedback and functionality suggestions for a Technology Preview feature before it becomes fully supported. Bentley Systems intends to fully support Technology Preview features in a future release, at which time the features will no longer be identified as Technology Preview features.
Technology Preview Features for OpenPlant PID CONNECT Edition Update 1
The following are Technology Preview Features in OpenPlant PID CONNECT Edition. Please contact Bentley Support for more details.
- PlantSight Integration: PlantSight works in conjunction with a Connected Project which the project administrator will create and setup in the Bentley CONNECTION Center. Here a user can synchronize changes made to a local drawing sessions to it making those changes available to any user with permissions to login to the project.
- Tag Browser: The Tag Browser displays existing component tags which have been created in PID and available to assign to 2D or 3D components.
- Page Connectors: Since PlantSight integration is in Technology Preview mode, page connectors, which rely on the ability to sync to PlantSight, are also considered to be in Technology Preview mode.