New and Changed in OpenPlant PID CONNECT Edition Update 1
The following items summarize the new features and enhancements in the OpenPlant PID CONNECT Edition Update 1 release.
About Technology Preview Features
Some features delivered with this edition of OpenPlant PID are specifically identified as "Technology Preview" features.
Technology Preview features are:
- currently unsupported
- may not be functionally complete
- not suitable for use/deployment in production
However, these features are provided to you as a courtesy and the primary goal is for the feature to gain wider exposure with the goal of full support in the future.
You may find these features useful in a non-production environment. You are welcome to provide feedback and functionality suggestions for a Technology Preview feature before it becomes fully supported. Bentley Systems intends to fully support Technology Preview features in a future release, at which time the features will no longer be identified as Technology Preview features.
Technology Preview Features for OpenPlant PID CONNECT Edition Update 1
The following are Technology Preview Features in OpenPlant PID CONNECT Edition. Please contact Bentley Support for more details.
- PlantSight Integration: PlantSight works in conjunction with a Connected Project which the project administrator will create and setup in the Bentley CONNECTION Center. Here a user can synchronize changes made to a local drawing sessions to it making those changes available to any user with permissions to login to the project.
- Tag Browser: The Tag Browser displays existing component tags which have been created in PID and available to assign to 2D or 3D components.
- Page Connectors: Since PlantSight integration is in Technology Preview mode, page connectors, which rely on the ability to sync to the iModel Hub, are also considered to be in Technology Preview mode.