To place the beam layout
To place the beam layout for the US301 over RR bridge, do the following.
Home ribbon tab, select the
Beam Layout tool in the
To specify the layout limits, do the following in the view window:
- select SupportLine 1 to use as the start limit line
- select SupportLine 3 to use as the end limit line
- data point a third time to accept
- Select Continuous from the Placement Method drop-down list. This change temporarily marks the layout as invalid, but this will be adjusted with subsequent changes. The Spans list changes to indicate that SupportLine1 - SupportLine3 is the only span, signifying continuous beams over supportline 2.
Set the following beam layout parameters:
- Type 6 in the Number of Beams field and click Apply. The table is updated with six rows.
- Type 4.5 (ft) in the Left Edge Distance field and click Apply. The beam spacing values are updated accordingly.
- Type -4.5 (ft) in the Right Edge Distance field and click Apply. The beam spacing values are updated accordingly.
- Click Validate.
- Click Save.