To place segmental balanced cantilever
To place a balanced cantilever build of segments at a bridge pier, use the following procedure.
You must use an existing segment template. You must have at least one supportline present in your model.
The balanced cantilever method of construction is modeled so that the build order can be set for analytical software, such as RM Bridge.
- In the Place Cantilever Segmental tool settings dialog, select the segment template to use:
- (Optional) Type an integer in the Build Order field.
Specify the length of different segment types that can be placed:
To include a Do this Series of segments in the balanced cantilever Type a one or more N@L (number of segments at each length) values in the Seg. Length field. The ahead and back station cantilevers can be different arrangements of typical segments. Optional pier segment Type a length or two lengths separated by a colon (":") in the Pier Seg Length field. Optional cast-in-place segment at ends of the cantilevers Type a length in the CIP Length field.
- (Optional) Specify additional settings such as offsets.
- (Optional) Clear the Add Constraints check box if no additional placement constraints are required for this segment.
- In the view window, do the following: Add Constraints option, then the Solid Constraints Definition dialog opens.
- Specify any necessary point or variable constraints along the deck and then click Apply.