Adding a Standard Reinforcement Cage to Beams
To add reinforcement bars to a beam, use the following procedure.
- Select (Beams Reinforcing). The Beam Reinforcing dialog opens to the Beam Info tab.
- Select the beam and supporting members.
- Select the Beam Defaults tab to specify additional detailing dimensions. As you make changes, bars update on the original beam that you selected using the dialog controls.
Longitudinal Reinforcing tab to create main
bar zones and define the bars within each zone.
You can add a single row of reinforcing details to
the table for regular cages or multiple rows to describe complex reinforcing
arrangements. As you make changes, bars update on the selected beam.
- Click adjacent to the left table to add a main bar zone.
- Type a Label and select the Location (beam face).
- Type the Quantity of bars in this zone.
- (Optional) Type Clearance, Start Offset, and End Offset dimensions to place the bars some distance away from the clear spacing specified on the Beam Defaults tab.
- Click adjacent to the right table to add a main bar detail.
- Type a Label, select the Location (along beam length), and select a Bar Size.
- Click the zone bars displayed in the cross section to assign the bar details. The open bar types are changed to the Label value for the current bar detail.
- (Optional) As necessary, type Left Offset and Right Offset values and then select Left End Condition and Left End Condition to specify the bar detailing for the zone.
Lap Options tab to set lap method.
Select the Rebar Location and set a desired Lap
Complete the settings in either Automatic or Manual Lap, as required.
Stirrups tab to stirrup shear reinforcing.
- Click adjacent to the left table to add a stirrup zone.
- Type a Label and select a Bar Size.
- Select the Location and type Spacing, Start, and End dimensions.
- Click adjacent to the right table to add a stirrup detail.
- Click the bars in the cross section —in order— around which the stirrup is placed.
- Type a Label.
- Type a Offset value and select Start End Condition and End End Condition to specify the stirrup detailing for the zone.
- When you are finished, click OKto apply the reinforcing to selected beams.