To create a cross frame template
To create cross frame template for use with modeling steel girder bridges, use the following procedure.
- Either: Cross Frames Library dialog opens.
- Click Add. A new entry is added to the list.
- (Optional) To change the cross frame bay dimensions in the display window, do the following:
- Type a Name for the cross frame template.
- Select the Frame Type. This dictates the number of members in the cross frame.
For each member in the cross frame, specify the member parameters
- Select the Configuration of the member:
- Specify any vertical (along the depth of the cross frame) or axial (along the length of the current member) offsets for both left and right sides (looking upstation).
- Select a Section to use.
- Select a Material.
- Select the Centerline Reference point on the member depth.
- Select the Section Rotation.
- Type a Net Area Reduction value.
For each connection plate used in the cross frame configuration,
specify the plate parameters on the
Connection Plates tab:
Tip: The plate types are arranged in a general formation of how they are arranged in a physical cross frame.
- Repeat steps 2 through 7 to add additional cross frame templates as needed.
- Click Save.