To share clash detection jobs and rules
Clash detection jobs can be created in a shared ClashDetection.dgnlib (DGN Library file), which then makes all jobs available to all users of the workspace.
Clash detection rules can be exported into an XML file for sharing as well.
- (Optional) To export the rules to an XML file, key in CLASHDETECTION RULES EXPORT <XmlPathName>. <XmlPathName> is the location and name for the exported xml file. For example, clashdetection rules export c:\temp\myrules.xml.
- Select the File ribbon tab, select Open from the Backstage view, and then navigate to the Workspace\System\dgnlib folder.
- In the Open dialog Files of type drop-down menu, select DGN Library Files (*.dgnlib) to display all the DGNLib files.
- Select and open ClashDetection.dgnlib.
- Open the Clash Detection dialog and create a new (shared) job.
- To import the rules, key in CLASHDETECTION RULES IMPORT <XmlPathName> with XmlPathName set to the previously exported rule file. Check that the rules are imported as expected.
Save the job, save the DGNLib file, and close.
Note: You can also define levels or named groups as criteria for the shared job (SetA and SetB) by temporarily attaching some representative application files as references to the DGNLib. This makes the levels and the named groups in these references available to be picked as job criteria. The references can be removed after the shared job has been defined.
To use the shared clash detection job:
- Open a DGN, overlay or i-model file.
- Open the Clash Detection dialog.
- Select the previously created shared job from the All Jobs list.
- Save the shared job. This creates a local copy that can be edited locally without affecting the common library job. The rules previously imported in the shared job are now available.
- Edit the share job as necessary and run Clash Detection as usual.