Adding a mechanical device to a rebar end
To add either a mechanical coupler or terminator to a rebar end, use the following procedure.
- Select an end condition (other than None).
- Click the […] button associated with and end condition. The Rebar End Properties dialog opens
Set either of the following options:
Option Description Mechanical Device To detail a mechanical coupler or terminator at the rebar end. End Preparation To detail corresponding end to a bar to join to a mechanical coupler.
- Select Manufacturer, Type, Device (Mechanical Device only), and Application (optional for Mechanical Device only) from the corresponding drop-down lists.
- (Optional) (for Mechanical Device) Set the Reverse option to reorient a coupler device.
- (Optional) (for End Preparation) Set the Holdback option and type a holdback distance.
- Click OK .