Creating an Irregular Dispatch
To create an Irregular Dispatch rebar cage:
- Select (Irregular Dispatch). On your model, click to select a Concrete Object to add rebar. The Irregular Dispatch dialog opens.
- Select your Bar Size from the drop down list.
Dispatch Method from the drop down list.
- Vertex - Places Rebar between all Vertices of the Line / Smartline Connects all vertices (Distribution Values are ignored with this Method & all lines / smartlines must have same # of Vertices and/or Segments).
- Spacing - Places Bars at the Start and End of the Line / Smartline / Arc or Spline (Offset values will shift Start and End bars based on values entered) ignoring vertices then distributes bars equally across remaining distance using indicated spacing (Not to exceed).
- Combination (All Lines / Smartlines must have same # of Vertices and/or segments) combines Vertex & Spacing Methods spacing the bars at the Start & End of each segment (Offsets apply to each segment) then distributes bars equally across remaining distance using indicated spacing (Not to exceed).
- Enter Start Offset / Spacing / End Offset Distribution values if using the Spacing or Combination Methods (a spacing greater than 0 is required in these methods).
- Click (Select / Add Guidelines).
- Right Click or press <Enter> to return to the Irregular Dispatch dialog.
Selected Guidelines will be displayed in the Guideline Grid on the
left side of the dialog.
- Remove Guideline – Removes current guideline.
- Reverse Guideline – (Reverses the order the points in the Line / Smartline / Arc or Spline were selected).
- Make Arc Intermediate Point – (Only an option when selecting 3 Guidelines) Creates a uniform arc bent bar between the 3 guidelines (3 point arc method).
- Make Normal Vertex – Option only appears after you have made the middle of your 3 Guidelines a Arc Intermediate Point.
- Cancel – Closes the right-click options.
In the Combination Dispatch Method the QTY can be manually adjust by left clicking in the Segment Grid on the segment # that needs adjustment and keying in the desired # of bars. The Numbers shown in parenthesis are the recommended # of bars per segment (Vertex Bars aren't included in totals) base on your spacing and the longest line in the segment.