To group clash results
After processing a clash detection job, there may be too many clashes to review each one individually. You can group the clashes together to consolidate the number of actual clashes that are tracked. When clashes are grouped, you can make one change to affect all the clashes in the group, such as changing the status or assignee. With a group, you can also create a single markup to affect multiple clashes in the group.
- manually selecting the clashes and grouping them.
- identifying all the clashes that contain a certain element. For example, a steel beam may clash with multiple elements but the clashes should be tracked as one clash since moving the steel beam will resolve all the clashes.
To group clashes manually from a selection:
- From the Results tab, <Ctrl-click> all the clashes you want to include in a group.
- Right-click and from the pop-up menu, select .
- To manually add a clash to a group, select the clash and drag it into a group.
- To view all the clashes in the group, in the All Jobs list box, select the group to display the clashes on the Results tab.
To group clashes by common element:
- In the Results tab, select a clash that has the element for which you want to create a group.
- Right-click and select .