To generate a deck elevations report
To generate a report of deck elevation at points along all or part of the active bridge, use the following procedure.
Select the start and end limits for the report:
- Data point on a supportline to use as the start limit.
- Data point on a second supportline to use as the end limit.
- Data point again to accept the selection.
- Type a Report Name.
- (Optional) Type Offset values for the Start and End supportlines selected.
Select the method to use for the transverse lines of elevation
Option Description Points per span Type the number of transverse lines to use within each span. These lines are evenly spaced along the alignment. Spacing Type a regular spacing to use between transverse lines.
Select the orientation Type of the transverse lines:
Option Description Parallel to start support This option will use transverse lines parallel to a skewed Start supportline. Normal to alignment This option uses transverse lines which are normal to a tangent of the alignment at that point.
- Select any common references to use as points along transverse lines for deck elevations. An Offset value can be specified for each common reference point in this table.
- Click Select to select any auxiliary objects in the bridge model for additional deck elevation reporting.
- Click Generate. The Preview window opens with the deck elevation report loaded.
To save the file:
- In the Preview window, select the Save tool. The Save As dialog opens.
- Type a File name and select a location.
- Click Save.
Create output of the report:
Option Description To print a copy select either the Print tool (to change printer settings) or Quick Print tool (to use the default Windows printer and settings). To save a PDF copy select the OK. You will be prompted to save the file.tool. Provide the PDF options and click To e-mail a PDF copy select thetool. After saving the file as you would for export, a new e-mail draft is opened in your default e-mail client with this file attached.
- In the Deck Elevation Report dialog, click Save And Close to save the report in the project and close the dialog.