To set up suppression rules
The Rules tab of the Clash Detection dialog is used to apply suppression rules to the clash detection operation. Each rule can be turned on or off for any given job.
If you find that the first run of clash detection produces a high number of clashes, you can set up suppression rules to exclude certain clashes. You can create suppression rules that specify certain conditions that are not to be considered as clashes. Then using these suppression rules, the Clash Detection dialog can skip the clashes to give you a more realistic result.
A copy of the rule is stored with each job, the original rules are stored in the workspace.
- In the Clash Detection dialog job list, select the job for which you want to set up suppression rules.
- Select the Rules tab.
- In the Suppression Rules section Check rules to activate list box, turn on all suppression rules you want to activate for the clash detection job. As you turn on a rule, it displays in the Rule description section and can be edited by clicking the underlined value.
- From the Job menu, select Advanced Settings and in the Advanced Settings dialog, set the tolerance and clearance settings.
- (Optional) To create additional suppression rules, click New to open the Rules Template dialog, which allows you to create a new suppression rule from a template.
- Select Up or Down to change the order in which the suppression rules are applied.
To copy a suppression rule:
- In the Check rules to activate section, turn on the rule you want to copy.
- Click Duplicate. The copied rule displays in the list with the same name as the original, marked as a copy.
To change suppression rule values:
- In the Suppression Rules section Check rules to activate list box, select the suppression rule you want to edit. The selected rule displays in the Rule description section of the dialog. Only underlined values can be edited.
- Click the underlined value you want to change. A dialog opens allowing you to select or type another value.