To place a barrier
To place a barrier along the edge of a deck, use the following procedure.
- In the Place Barrier tool settings dialog, select the barrier template to use:
- (Optional) Specify additional settings such as offsets and orientation.
- (Optional) In the Create Barrier tool settings dialog, clear the Add Constraints check box if no additional placement constraints are required
In the view window, do the following:
- Data point on existing decks to add them to the selection set.
- Reset (i.e., right-click) to set the selection set.
- Data point again to accept.
In the Path Selection dialog, choose one of the following methods
for aligning the barrier:
Method Description By road alignment Click Select Alignment and then data point on an alignment in the view window. The barrier WP is placed along this path. By deck or section point Click Select Guideline form List to open a Path Selection dialog displaying the cross-section. Select one of the section points to align the barrier WP to. Click OK when complete.
- Click OK.