To place the interior piers
To place the pier from a custom template on the interior supportlines, do the following.
This tutorial will use one of the stock abutment templates that is installed with OpenBridge Modeler. The Cap Length Adjustment feature will be used to limit the abutment length to the width of the deck
Home tab, select the
Place Pier tool in the
- In the Place Piers tool settings dialog, select the pier template to use:
- Select None from the Cap Length Adjustment drop-down list
- Select Pier_concrete_piles as the Feature Definition.
- In the view window, do the following:
Adjust the pier dimensions by doing the following:
- Select the pier and then select the Properties tool () from the pop-up toolbar.
- In the Substructure Template, click the […] button in the SELECT to Edit field to edit.
- Type 4.500 [m] in the Cap Length field on the Cap tab.
- Type 0.7500 [m] in both the Left Taper Length and Right Taper Length fields on the Cap tab.
- Click OK.
- Repeat Step 5 for the second pier.