What's New in CONNECT Edition Update 4
This topic summarizes the new enhancements in OpenBridge Modeler CONNECT Edition.
- Select footings and abutments, identify terrain and compute earthwork excavation volumes. Generate quantities report including cost.
- Improve model geometry accuracy by manual input of concrete haunch thickness measured at CL of beam, at both start and end of beams.
- Reintroduced an option to rotate concrete beams, either automatically to follow slope of deck or based on user input angle.
- Improved handling of common piers between units is now supported, including automatic bearing seat height computation.
- New option to orient cross frames and stiffeners normal to top flange on steel girder bridges.
- Option to place MicroStation cells as custom piers. Assign analytical properties for transfer to analytics.
- Several changes to improve placement of auxiliaries, to make the process simpler, and similar to options from the V8i version.
- Additional tools added for Clash Detection (under Utilities), Superelevation (under Civil) and terrain tools (under Civil)
- Under Beam Report, OpenBridge Modeler now shows the haunch elevation and thickness at the center, left and right ends of the beam.
- Several new Texas DOT beam sections have been added. X-Beam, Decked Box beams etc, including transfer to analytics.
- When the tendons are brought in from RM Bridge to OpenBridge Modeler, the length of the tendons is shown in properties.
- New input for simpler, faster Balanced Cantilever Segmental bridges.
- Lines showing positions of Crossframes and Stiffeners are drawn at elevation 0. Could be useful for plan production.
- Show decoration option to draw transverse lines showing position of Deck Elevation Report points at elevation 0. Markers are drawn in 3D, at the appropriate deck elevations for verification.
- The paths to LEAP Bridge Concrete and LEAP Bridge Steel can now optionally be defined in the config file.
- Availability of new releases now shows up in the CONNECTION Client
- CONNECT Licensing Adapter is now included with OpenBridge Modeler installation.
- Platform Updates: