To place the deck
To place the deck, do the following.
In this tutorial, you will use a slab with constraints rather than a slab template with pre-existing constraints.
On the Home ribbon tab, select the Place Deck tool in the Superstructure group.
Place Deck tool settings dialog,
select the deck template to use:
- Click […] adjacent to the Template Name setting. The Template Selection dialog opens.
- In the Decks list, select the template.
- Click OK.
- In the Place Deck tool settings dialog, set the Add Constraints check box.
- Select Deck as the Feature Definition.
In the view window, do the following:
- select SupportLine 1 as the first deck boundary
- select SupportLine 3 as the second deck boundary
- data point a third time to accept
Specify the right distance constraint:
- Select the Variable Constraint tab.
- Select RT_Width_Lane1 from the Variables drop-down list and then click Add. An empty RT_Width_Lane1 tab is added to the variable constraints table.
- Click the Add Row () button. A new row is added to the RT_Width_Lane1 table.
- Type 29.4020 in both the Start Value and End Value cells.
Specify the right slope constraint:
- Select RT_Slope_Lane1 from the Variables drop-down list and then click Add. An empty RT_Slope_Lane1 tab is added to the variable constraints table.
- Click the Add Row () button. A new row is added to the RT_Slope_Lane1 table.
- Type -0.0405 in both the Start Value and End Value cells. Leave the other cell values as their defaults (i.e., Location Type = From SupportLine, Relative Location = 0.0000, From = SupportLine 1, and Transition = Linear).
- Repeat Steps 5 through 6 to
- Click Apply.