What's New in V8i (SELECTseries 3) MR1
This topic summaries the new enhancements in the maintenance release OpenBridge Modeler V8i (SS3) MR 1
New Pier Elevation Report
From the Reports tab, Elevation group, click on the Pier icon to generate a consolidated elevation report for all piers and abutments including each individual component such as the cap, column, footing and piles.
Transfer Stiffeners and Cross Frames to LEAP Bridge Steel
Stiffeners and Cross Frames defined in OBM can now be transferred to LEAP Bridge Steel along with the all other bridge elements defined using the Interoperability tab options, i.e. Send to LEAPBridge Steel. At this time, the transfer is only one way from OBM to LBS.
Pier Definition: Variable Columns: LinearSlope option
LinearWithSlope, allows the user to specify column length, start and end dimensions, resulting in a slope being computed automatically. Only linear variation is allowed between start and end sections. Based on the height of column when placed with respect to the ground elevation, user can avoid having to compute and enter different end dimensions for the column, and allow OBM to automatically cut the columns to the required height and figure out the required bottom dimensions automatically.
Additional Minor Enhancements
- Option to print X,Y,Z report of Deck Elevations in addition to Station, Offset and Elevation type report.
- Template viewer Background color and Text color settings can be specified in the primary configuration file.
- Backwall horizontal offset is transferred to and back from LEAP Bridge Concrete.
- Bearings and Bearing Seats can now be placed on different levels.
- Works with new RM Bridge Enterprise, LBS v17 64 bit and LBC v17 U1 and newer versions of ProStructures V8i releases.
- Minor Terminology change: OBM now uses "Bearing Seats" instead of "Beam Seats".