At times, a lot of project information in a WorkSet is generic or common across multiple projects. For example, the folder structure, custom properties, standard files (DGNLibs, cells, and so on), and sometimes data files as well (DGNs, DWGs, and so on). The WorkSet template feature helps you clone all this information from an existing WorkSet to the new WorkSet.
The following diagram shows the usage of WorkSet Template feature. The "Test" WorkSet is cloned from the "MyTemplate" WorkSet.
- Folder structure - This contains the root WorkSet folder and its subfolders such as Standards, DGN and Out.
- (Optional) Files - All the files including DGNs, DGNLibs, cells, and so on.
- Custom properties - Properties that are added while creating a WorkSet.
- Sheet index - The links in the new WorkSet's sheet index actually point to the models in the new WorkSet and not to the template WorkSet. Also custom sheet index properties are copied.
- WorkSet link set - The links in the new WorkSet's link set actually point to the new WorkSet and not to the template WorkSet.
You can access this feature via the Template setting in the Create WorkSet dialog.
WorkSet Template Configuration Variables
Following configuration variables are provided for the WorkSet templates.
|_USTN_WORKSPACETEMPLATE||Defines the template file for the WorkSpace. By default, it points to WorkSpace.template, delivered with the product. You can change it to point to any template file that can be used as a seed while creating a WorkSpace.|
|_USTN_TEMPLATEWORKSPACENAME||Locates the WorkSpace directory that is to be defined at Configuration level. When this variable is defined, the WorkSpace drop-down in the Work page shows both the active WorkSpace as well as the template WorkSpace. When you select a template WorkSpace, then the WorkSets drop-down displays WorkSets within the template WorkSpace.|
|_USTN_WORKSETTEMPLATE||Defines the template WorkSet seed file used to create WorkSets.|
|_USTN_TEMPLATEWORKSETNAME||Defines the default WorkSet in the Template field of the Create WorkSet dialog. If undefined, None is displayed in the field.|