To add variable section columns to a pier
To add columns with sections that vary along the column height to a pier, use the following procedure.
- On the Column Type drop-down list, select Variable. The Column attributes update.
- In the Column parameters, click […] in the Variation field (following the Variable Sections description). The Variable Column Form dialog opens.
To add a new section to the table, click
Each row of the table represents a segment along the
columns length. It describes how the selected cross-section varies between the
The segments in the table are ordered from top-to-bottom of the column. Use the Up and Down buttons to move the current row up or down in the column height.A new row is added to the table.
Define the variation of a column segment:
- Type the Section Height which is the length of a particular segment.
- Select the Shape from the drop-down list in the cell. The same shape is used through the segment, with varying dimensions.
- Type the Start Dimensions of the shape at the start of the column segment. This is a comma-separated list of dimensions. The number of required dimensions varies depending on the selected section type.
- Type the End Dimensions of the shape at the end of the column segment.
- (Optional) To select a user-defined or other template:
- If you have more than one variable segment, select one as the Adjustable Height segment. This indicates to the program that when the height of a pier is to be updated based on terrain, cross-slope, etc., then this segment will increase or decrease in length accordingly.
- (Optional) Click Update Drawing to update the 3D view in the Edit Pier dialog.
- Click OK.