To define a precast beam
To add a beam definition for a slab with prestressed or reinforced concrete girders bridge, use the following procedure.
Once the Beam Definition dialog is open for a slab on R/C or P/S concrete girder bridge, you can define the precast beams.
- Select a beam in the Beams list.
Select the Beam Sections to use:
Beam Section Description LEAP Concrete A list of the standard precast beam profiles included with LEAP Bridge Concrete. These shapes cannot be spliced. Custom A list of standard precast beam profiles from OpenBridge Modeler
- (Optional) Type a Beam Minimum Haunch height.
For Custom beam sections, you can create a beam splice within a span:
- Click Insert Row After (). A new row is added to the table.
- Type the Distance or Ratio value. The other value will be automatically populated based on the selected beam's span.
- Select Head or Tail in the From cell drop-down to indicate where the distance or ratio is taken from.
- Select either Distance or Ratio in the Lock To cell drop-down to indicate which value to use.
- For the beam or beam segments, select the Template and Material from the respective cell drop-downs.
- Once you have defined all the beams in the layout, click OK.