To Create a Deployment Image
- Internet connection - Since the setup is running in /layout mode, internet connection is required for connection with Bentley servers to download all installable components.
- Write access to the location where the deployment image will be created.
- Minimum 2 GB disk space at the location where the deployment image will be created.
In the command line, go to the folder that contains the
MicroStation setup executable and run
the executable with the
The MicroStation Installation Wizard opens.
To do Companion Installations (Companion Feature or Companion
Product) along with
MicroStation, do the following:
- Turn on the check box for the desired Companion Installation.
- (Optional) Click Configure for the selected Companion Installation. The Installer Wizard displays the configuration settings for the selected Companion Installation.
- (Optional) Make the desired configuration settings and return to the Installer Wizard main page.
To make changes to the default
- Click the Configure button next to MicroStation CONNECT Edition. The Application Install Location page opens.
To change the path where
MicroStation is installed, click the
next to the
Application Path field.
In the Browse For Folder dialog that opens, browse to the drive and folder where you want to install MicroStation, then click OK.
- Click Next. The Configuration page opens.
To change the path of delivered Configuration, click the
next to the
Configuration Path field.
In the Browse For Folder dialog that opens, browse to the drive and folder where you want to deliver the default Configuration, then click OK.
To set up custom or shared Configuration, select the
Custom Configuration (plus Delivered
Configuration) radio button. Then click the
next to the
Network Configuration field.
In the Browse For Folder dialog that opens, browse to the drive and folder where your custom Configuration is located, then click OK.
- Click Next. The Deployment Image Settings page opens.
Change the deployment image setting.
By default, Passive UI Mode is selected.
To change the deployment image location, click the
next to the Deployment Image
In the Browse For Folder dialog that opens, browse to the drive and folder you want to install the product in, then click OK.
- Click Next. The Features page opens.
- In the Feature list, turn on or off the features, as desired.
- Click Done.
To read the End-User Licensing Agreement (EULA), click
the Licensing Terms link.
The End-User Licensing Agreement opens in a web browser.
After reading the license agreement, turn on the
I accept the End User Licensing Terms check
box if you understand and agree to the License Agreement Terms and Conditions.
Note that agreeing to the license agreement is required in order to install the product. Turning on the check box displays the Configure button at the bottom of the wizard.
- Click Layout.
Finish to exit the
MicroStation Installation Wizard.
The deployment image is created at the selected location.