The following enhancements are made to dynamic views.
Traditionally, sheet creation and layout has been a very manual and time consuming process. To overcome this, the drawing boundary feature is provided to allow you to quickly and easily define the location of a drawing on a sheet. A drawing boundary is a predefined area on a sheet model which may contain a drawing. A sheet may be subdivided into several drawing boundaries.
A named boundary is any closed element that has a name associated with it. Previously, we could create named fences from fences, clip volumes, and clipped masks. Named fences are renamed as named boundaries. You can place named boundaries using drawing boundaries. Named boundaries may also be grouped for processing sets of drawings onto sheets.
Create Drawing Dialog
- Sheets - Sets the sheet model in which you want to place the drawing. You can also select New to create a new sheet model.
- Drawing Boundary - Lists the vacant drawing boundaries in the selected sheet and allows you to select a drawing boundary in which the drawing will be placed.
- Recommended scales added to Detail Scale setting - MicroStation PowerDraft calculates the following recommended scales and displays them in the Detail Scale drop-down list:
- By Named Boundary - (Available only when you create dynamic view from a named boundary) The detail scale stored on the named boundary.
- Fit View to Drawing Boundary - The closest standard scale at which the saved view attachment will fit into the selected drawing boundary.
- Fit View to Sheet Boundary - The closest standard scale at which the saved view attachment will fit into the sheet boundary.
- Fit Design to Drawing Boundary - The closest standard scale at which the design composition model will fit into the selected drawing boundary, in the saved view's orientation. This scale does not apply when attaching 2D detail views.
- Fit Design to Sheet Boundary - The closest standard scale at which the design composition model will fit into the sheet boundary, in the saved view's orientation. This scale does not apply when attaching 2D detail views.
- Replicate Drawing in Sheet File - (Available only when the sheet model is set to be created in a different file from the current DGN file and that file does not contain a drawing model) If on, creates a referenced copy of the drawing model in the file that contains the sheet model. If the file containing the sheet model is new, the new drawing model is set as the Default model.
- Add to Sheet Index - Adds the sheet model to the sheet index.
- Select a folder from Sheet Index icon - Opens the Sheet Index Folder Picker from which you can select the folder in which the sheet model should be added.
- Make Sheet Coincident - Available only if the sheet model does not contain a drawing boundary. Otherwise, this check box is dimmed.