Viewing Information in a Link Set
After you have selected a link set, you can view the information in it and open the files or go to the targets to which the links point.
There are some prerequisites for opening links:
- You must have access to the location in which the file or target is stored.
- You must have installed on your computer an application that is capable of opening and displaying the file.
The following occurs when you open a link to a website, e-mail address, or key-in:
- When you open a link to a website, it opens in your default browser.
- When you open a link to an e-mail address, it opens your e-mail application and places the e-mail address in the To: field.
- When you open a link to a key-in, the key-in script runs.
For link sets accessed from Active file, you can create a copy of a link in the Explorer dialog.