Overview of the i-model
An i-model is a container for rich, multi-discipline information published from known sources in a known state at a certain point in time. Each i-model is:
- A published version of this information, provided as a secure, read-only file.
- Portable, combining all information into a single container for easy distribution.
- Self-describing, because you can view the design without having the application with which it was created.
- A semantically rich data file that contains the related business information from the design applications, as well as the graphics.
- An interoperable deliverable tailored for change management.
- Used for information exchange throughout all phases of a project’s life cycle.